Monday, October 22, 2012

Memories of the 4th of July

How I've neglected my blog. I misplaced some pictures and then got waylaid with other things. But the pictures are found and now I can catch up a bit.
The 4th of July was different this year but some things were the same. It was a good day filled with fun and family. We started out on the 3rd by barbecuing and  watching the fireworks with the Johnson and Olson clans. They are so kind and generous for sharing their time and space with us. 
As has been tradition for quite a while, we started out early by going to the Lewiston Parade. We are so proud of the marching band and proud to have our children participate in it for 10 years now. It's great to see them march and it always adds to a parade to have a marching band. The parade is always fun in Lewiston and this year we got to share it with our friends the Mikesells. Their Calvin is marching this year and we are enjoying sharing this with them.


Play that music Brady!


Surprisingly enough my mother would get a kick out of this.


My native Californian soaking up the Sunshine!


You never can tell where that goofy picture you took of yourself will end up.


What would a parade be without some saltwater taffy!



Lunch with the Olsons, the Roberts and the Ulrich clans, then it was off to Cutler for some skiing, kneeboarding, boating, wave running, and sunbathing.









Our boat may be old and not much to look at but I love it because of the wonderful memories we have made in it.


I love the view of the railway bridge from the water and through the years we have even got a few whistles and waves from the train.


Brock and Tiffany were moving too fast to take too many pictures of but I got this one with some very happy faces.


Oh can I drive Poppi, Please!


I love having Liz around and we had a great visit.


He is so comfortable here!


Your turn next, Ron.


Go Gillian






My fireworks!


Love that smile!




Karlee wouldn't wear the hat she needed to keep her nose from burning, so Colton was chivalrous and wore it for her. Sooo Cute!



These is one of the best smiles of the summer.


Hanging out on the Shore









No comments:

Post a Comment