Tuesday, August 14, 2012

How The Years Fly By



Twenty five years ago today, Brian and I entered the Logan Temple and started this journey together.
We had no idea where it was going to take us or what would happen to us but we had decided we wanted to share time and eternity. I know we look young, because we were, but I am so thankful not to have missed a minute of this adventure. We have had good time and bad times, but if that's what it took to get here, it was worth it.  Ricks College, six moves, 2 homes of our own, five amazing kids, 2 terrific son-laws, and 2 adorable grandkids later, we would do it again. Life as an eternal family isn't easy but it is so worth it!!

Now that I'm done being mushy, here is a lot of wedding pictures. They were starting to deteriorate so this was the perfect chance to hopefully preserve them. Don't feel obligated to look at them all but do feel free to laugh, as long as you remember it was the 80's!!







My children are now saying "OOOO yuck"!
Remember it means you have a safe and happy home!


I still love the white tux and tails. Doesn't he look "tall, dark and handsome". Exactly what I asked for at Christmas!!



My mom was an amazing seamstress. She made my dress out of several pieces of different patterns, all to please me. Wasn't the first time she did this for me either. She also covered the hat and made the veil. No girls, it is not a cowboy hat. I did have some of those but not for the wedding.




Brian's mom and dad, Richard and Kathy





This is Brian's best man, Dale Garner. He and Ron Messer both came from Southern CA. for the wedding. Great friends. Dale and his wife, Dulce, now live next door to Brian's parents. We love seeing them when we go to Tujunga.

 


 


These were the six youngest nieces when I got married. Their moms made these cute dresses so they could stand at the end of my line.Thanks ladies!
 
Three of our Grandaparents, Ray and Katherine Ross and Agnes Eborn.



My parents, Udell and Afton Roberts




                                              


Wish I could thank my mom! After doing two weddings, which were much less involved than mine, I realize how much time and work she put into making this such a special day for us!



Dale,  the newlyweds,  Laretta, my sister,  Debbie, Brian's sister and my best friend, Kristie


These people helped with the gifts. My older nieces gathered in the gifts, my aunts opened them and wrote down the information, numbered them, and displayed them on a table. Wow, I'm tired just typing it. They are; Marcy, Jessica, Aunt Gayle, Aunt Marjie, Wendy and Melany!


My friend and roommate, Robin Zaugg. She traveled from Oregon. We promptly put her to work helping with the cake!


These were the women who helped in the kitchen. No reception could run without the friends and family willing to miss it and work all night in the kitchen. Thanks Terry, Harlene, Shauna, Suzann, and my yw leader, Judy.


Ok so I had served at enough receptions to want something different. We made little towels with Brian and my name on them. I got my three brothers and my 16 year old nephew to wear them on their arms and serve table all night. They were great. Craig, Shane, Travis, and Gary


The line. What was I thinking? I was so glad my girls just wanted the parents and them.


At the end of the night, we cut the cake.  The women in my family worked so hard on it  the night before. It was wonderful!
Ready or not we were on our way to a full, rich life!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my heck Michele you have no idea how similar our weddings were! I should show you my pics.

    ReplyDelete